Tuesday 14 May 2013

Final Stages

Last night I wrote my evaluation essay.

Today I rummaged around my lovely butchers' attic and found a small desk to borrow for my installation. I stapled my new netting onto the top of my box. I removed and replaced a plug. I hung my panels. I placed my other panels on top.  I replaced some light bulbs. I painted one final wall. I washed the floor. I ate a baked potato and a Chunky Kit Kat. I printed out all my final sketchbook stuff. I removed some final edges from two panels. I had a 'discussion' with Chris about my Jerusalem label and kept it on. I had an order from Annie to remove it. So I did.

And I have finished. Yes indeedy. But I'm not saying that too loud, or Chris and Duncan will make me do some more...




And I'm really, really pleased with it. I love the panels - especially the boy at the front. I love the feel of the installation - Sue, the textiles lecturer, said it felt like being in some kind of temple and that you should take your shoes off before entering (which made me really pleased). I love the way all the faces seem to be staring at you, gently accusing. And I love the fact that I have finally produced a piece that has gravitas and looks professional.

But I'm also very glad to have finished (bar some pasting and cutting this evening). For I feel I have lived and breathed this project for a very long time. Which has been great. But also quite tiring.

Let's hope all the effort has been worthwhile!




No comments: